The Library in the Forest offers free test proctoring services. These services are subject to availability of personnel, facilities and required technology.
The Student Will:
- Know the amount of time allowed for your test. The library time limit is two hours, so your test must require two hours or less. Please do not submit the request form below until you know the required time is two hours or less. Time allowed means the time required by law or the institution, not the typical completion time.
- Schedule test at least one week in advance – This is a firm requirement.
- Verify with both the school and library that consent has been given and (if applicable) that all testing materials have been received by the library at least one day prior to the day of your proctoring appointment.
- Complete and sign the proctoring request form by which the student agrees to ensure that all guidelines and policies from their respective institutions are met when testing at the Library in the Forest.
- Be the liaison between the school and the proctor.
- After a test time has been scheduled with the library, arrange for the test or password (s) to be sent to the library.
- Call the library at least one day prior to the test to be sure it has arrived.
- Bring a picture ID, student ID, pens/pencils and a basic calculator if required/allowed.
- Provide addressed, stamped envelopes and money for printing if required for returning completed test results to school. Printing costs are: $0.10 per page for black & white; $0.50 per page for color.
- Relinquish use of personal laptops, cell phones, tablets, etc., if required by the school.
- Call to cancel as soon as possible if unable to keep reserved testing time.
The Library Will:
- Provide a designated contact number, email address and physical address. Correspondence will be handled via email, phone or in person.
Address: 1221 Montgomery Highway, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
- Provide a testing area, with library staff supervision. Note: Proctoring appointments are available on weekdays before 5pm ONLY – weekend and evening appointments are not available. If a quiet, self-contained testing area is required but not available, the library may suggest another facility offering proctoring services.
- Provide a laptop, if needed, for the student to use for online testing. However, we will not download testing software that is not compatible with our network.
- Check the student’s photo ID.
- Report any perceived violation of the posted exam rules to the school.
- Maintain a file for the student that will contain all the proctoring request and a copy of student’s photo ID for six months after the designated testing time.
- Forward tests via email or mail at the student’s expense.
Limits to Proctoring Service:
- The library will not accommodate requests for unscheduled proctoring.
- The library will not proctor an exam brought in by the student.
- The library cannot guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using the library laptops.
- The library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures or computer hardware/software failures.
- The library will not be responsible for any delayed tests or for completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been sent to the school.
- If test results/materials are to be returned to the school by mail, the library will send them promptly but cannot make a guarantee that the testing institution will receive them by a specific date.
- The library reserves the right to substitute a proctor if the original proctor is unavailable.
- The library reserves the right to decline to administer tests that are staff intensive.