**The Friends Book Store is CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Book donations are not being accepted at this time.**
The Friends of the Vestavia Hills Library Book Store, located on the main floor, offers a large selection of previously owned fiction, non-fiction (cooking, travel, religion, etc.), children’s books, CDs and DVDs, and paperbacks. Come in and browse or make a donation! All donations and proceeds from sales benefit the library.
Book Store Hours of Operation
The Book Store is open Monday through Saturday from 10am-4pm and Sundays from 1-4pm.
Bookstore Donation Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in donating materials to the Friends of the Library Bookstore. Below are the guidelines for donations. For more information, contact the Friends Bookstore at 205.978.4680.
- The Bookstore staff accepts donations Monday through Friday from 10am-4pm and Saturdays from 10am-1pm. Please bring your donations directly to the Bookstore located on the main level of the library.
- Please donate new or gently-used clean books, DVDs and audiobooks on CDs. We cannot accept mildewed, stained or damaged books, or items missing parts (torn or creased covers, writing on cover/pages, water stains, pages that have turned brown, scratched discs, etc.).
- Due to limited space we do not accept:
- Magazines or journals
- Reference books
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Vinyl records or VHS movies
- Large donations (anything over 50 items)
- Bookstore/library staff are not able to assist with loading or moving boxes of items.
- The library may elect to add donated items to its collection.
- For non-book/non-library material donations, contact library administration at 205.978.0162.