As an innovative and vibrant community center, the Vestavia Hills Library in the Forest cultivates dynamic resources, environmentally conscious facilities and opportunities for life-long learning, cultural enrichment, personal empowerment and entertainment for all.
As a provider, the Library will:
- Circulate collections of current high-demand, high-interest materials in a variety of formats for all ages.
- Maintain collections in a variety of formats representing a broad spectrum of knowledge on a variety of subjects.
- Offer reference services providing timely and accurate information in a variety of formats with access from diverse sources.
- Plan and implement programs and services for all ages that encourage reading, learning, and cultural enrichment.
- Create environmental educational opportunities as the first “green” library in the state.
As a partner, the Library will:
- Coordinate the development of reference and informational collections, current reading lists, and other materials for the school system of Vestavia Hills.
- Facilitate connections with local businesses and the Chamber of Commerce.
- Work with other agencies and organizations in providing pertinent community information.
- Foster the development of programs and services offered by local groups such as The Vestavia Hills Historical Society, Vestavia Hills Art Association, and other similar groups.
- Work with Keep Vestavia Green and other local, state, and national environmental agencies and organizations as a “green” facility.
- Always listen and respond to the best of its ability to the library needs of the citizens of Vestavia Hills.