How to Reserve A Meeting Room
- Determine if your organization is Commercial, Non-Commercial, Civic or Social:
- Commercial: A meeting is considered commercial if: (i) any charges or fees are required in order to attend this meeting; (ii) goods or services are sold at or offered for sale at the meeting; or (iii) the meeting promotes a commercial enterprise.
- Non-Commercial: A meeting is non-commercial if the group or business is an IRS recognized, non-profit entity with meetings and present or future goods or services are not sold at or offered for sale at the meeting. Non-Commercial use includes churches.
- Civic: A meeting is civic if the group is an IRS recognized, non-profit entity that meets with the goal of providing service in the community.
- Social: A meeting is considered social if the group is hosting a gathering or party for entertainment and/or recreational purposes. This includes special dinners, receptions, showers and ceremonies.
- Review the Rooms & Fees chart to find the space suitable to accommodate your group.
- Review the Meeting Room Events calendar to confirm availability of that space on your desired date.
- Review the Guidelines for specific instructions regarding application submission, fees, etc.
- Call 205.978.0162 for more information or to tentatively reserve space.
- Click the button below to complete the Meeting Room application. Either email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 205.978.0162 to remit deposit payment via telephone, or print the completed application and deliver to library Administration to pay the deposit in person. Library Administration offices are located on the basement level of the Library in the Forest.
- If a space is available for your date, it can be tentatively reserved for three (3) business days. To confirm the space, application submission along with payment of a non-refundable deposit is required. If the fee is not paid within three business days, the space will become available for other patrons. All fees must be paid in-full 10 business days prior to event.
Rooms & Fees
|ROOM||Community Room||Historical Room||Children’s Program Room||Treehouse||Amphitheater||Rooftop Garden||Observation Deck|
|FEES DURING LIBRARY OPERATING HOURS|
|FEES BEFORE OR AFTER LIBRARY OPERATING HOURS|
Food Service/Kitchen Fee: $100
Fee includes use of commercial cooler, warmer and microwave.
*Library meeting spaces are rented in 4 hour blocks. Prices are not reduced for shorter times of use.
- Meeting rooms are available for use during the following hours:
Sunday – Thursday: 9am to 9 pm
Friday –Saturday: 9am to 12am
- Library meeting spaces are rented in 4 hour blocks. Prices are not reduced for shorter times of use.
- Groups may not enter rooms early or remain later than the designated time previously set by the group’s contact person at the time of application.
CR: Community Room; HR: Historical Room; CPR: Children’s Programming Room; TH: Treehouse; A: Amphitheater; RG: Rooftop Garden; OD: Observation Deck
Guidelines & Policies
- Meeting rooms may be used for the following purposes: (i) commercial meetings; (ii) non-commercial meetings; (iii) social gatherings such as birthday parties, receptions and ceremonies, whether or not held in connection with commercial enterprises; or (iv) civic meetings.
- The library reserves the right to relocate a group within the library if circumstances warrant.
- Library staff may enter the meeting room at any time during a scheduled meeting.
- The library is not responsible for items left in its facilities. Storage space and porter services are not available.
- Groups or organizations using the meeting rooms may not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disabled status in the provision of services.
- In order to reschedule or transfer a reservation, cancellations must be made at least 10 business days in advance of a scheduled meeting. If these conditions are not met, the fee will be forfeited and rescheduling will not be allowed.
- Should there be a scheduling conflict, library sponsored events have priority. The library will attempt to inform any group using the meeting room as early as possible. The use of the meeting rooms must not interfere with the use of the library by others.
- Due to limited parking, the library reserves the right to: (i) Require that groups utilize shuttle options offered by the library based on an hourly rate of $25 per hour; and (ii) Refuse groups within high capacity ranges if the request for use of the meeting room is during peak library hours, during special library-related events, and/or the meeting is more than two hours in length.
- Rooms will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, up to 12 months in advance. Up to six meetings per year may be scheduled in advance.
- Applications for recurring meeting room use must be renewed annually in January. Groups that wish to make application for a series of meetings should only submit one application per year. Fees for each meeting must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
- Groups wishing to book a meeting room must submit a meeting room application to the Administrative staff no later than one week prior to the date requested.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the library, except service animals.
- All applicants are subject to approval by the Library Director.
- Use of the meeting room facilities is subject to the rules and regulations established by the Library Board of Trustees. The library reserves the right to cancel use of the meeting rooms to any group that fails to comply with these rules and regulations.
- Programs may not be disruptive to the library or its mission. The library reserves the right to ask any group to leave its premises if the behavior of the group is deemed disruptive or inappropriate according to library service policy.
- Being granted permission to meet at the Vestavia Hills Library in the Forest does NOT, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by the library or its staff. The Board reserves the right to cancel any reservation with or without prior notice.
- The Library Board reserves the right to amend any regulation without prior notice.
Adult Supervision Required
- All applicants must be 21 years or older, and present a valid driver’s license or state-issued I.D. and valid Public Libraries in Jefferson County library card.
- The authorized representative must be present during the entire meeting.
- Meetings of groups of individuals under 18 years of age must have an adult sponsor in attendance.
- Children must be supervised at all times. The library is not responsible for children left unattended while their parent or guardian is in a meeting at the library.
Decorations & Craft Materials
- Signs, decorations or other objects are not to be taped or attached to walls, doors or columns in any manner. No equipment or furniture is to be removed from the meeting rooms. Groups using the rooms are responsible for reimbursing the library for any damage to library furniture or equipment.
- Materials which may cause damage to the rooms are not permitted, such as, but not limited to: glue (or glue-based products), paint, clay, dyes of any kind, confetti, glitter, etc.
- The library is not responsible for damaged items.
- By order of the City of Vestavia Hills Fire Marshal, attendance at meetings is limited to the capacity of the room assigned. Seating and/or supplementary furniture is not allowed in corridors outside rooms.
- Fire code prohibits any open flames, including incenses, candles, etc.
- Smoking is NOT permitted.
Food Service & Clean-Up
- Dye-based drinks are not permitted, such as, but not limited to, Kool-Aid, grape and cherry fruit juices, etc.
- Meeting rooms must be left in good order, with trash put into the outdoor dumpster, lights turned off and any utilized appliance(s) cleaned and turned off. Abuse of library property will result in charges for the repair or replacement of damaged property and/or the loss of future ability to use library meeting spaces.
Furniture, Equipment & Room Set-Up
- Furniture and/or equipment from the main area of the library or lobby may NOT be brought into the meeting room.
- Any request for room set-up must be made at the time when reserving the space or at least one week in advance. Special set-up can ONLY be done by library personnel and will require an ADDITIONAL FEE of $50.
- When a severe or inclement weather warning is issued, the library staff will follow evacuation procedures. Any renting party will be required to comply with these procedures.
- If one-time events in the meeting rooms are canceled due to inclement weather, events will be rescheduled for another date or a full refund will be provided.
- If any regularly scheduled meeting is canceled due to inclement weather, the group will be given an opportunity to reschedule its meeting or a credit will be applied to its next event’s fees.
- Excessive noise or disruption to the functions of the library is NOT permitted. Music and noise must be kept to a reasonable level, and in accordance with the City’s noise ordinance.
Telephone & Mailing Contact Info
- No group may use the library as a mailing address. Neither the name nor the address of the library is not to be used in handouts or advertising of any kind except as a source of location.
- Groups may not use the library’s phone number as a contact for program information. Additionally, library staff will not accept calls or relay messages to people attending meetings except in emergencies.