**The Friends Bookstore is OPEN effective July 12, 2021.**
The Friends of the Vestavia Hills Library Bookstore, located on the main floor, offers a large selection of previously owned fiction, non-fiction (cooking, travel, religion, etc.), children’s books, CDs and DVDs, and paperbacks. Come in and browse or make a donation! All donations and proceeds from sales benefit the library.
Bookstore Hours of Operation
AS OF JULY 12, 2021: The Bookstore is open Monday-Saturday, 10am-4pm; and Sundays, 1-4pm.
Join us as a Bookstore volunteer! Shifts are only 3 hours per week and all funds directly benefit the Library in the Forest. For more information, contact Valerie Sarver (email@example.com; 205.222.4771) or Leigh Melvin (firstname.lastname@example.org; 205.602.3883).
Bookstore Donation Guidelines
Following are donation guidelines. For more information, contact the Friends Bookstore at 205.978.4680.
- The Bookstore staff accepts donations Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am-4pm. Please bring your donations directly to the Bookstore located on the main level of the library.
- Please donate new or gently-used clean books, DVDs and audiobooks on CDs. We cannot accept mildewed, stained or damaged books, or items missing parts (torn or creased covers, writing on cover/pages, water stains, pages that have turned brown, scratched discs, etc.).
- Due to limited space we do not accept:
- Magazines or journals
- Reference books
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Vinyl records or VHS movies
- Large donations (anything over 50 items)
- Bookstore/library staff are not able to assist with loading or moving boxes of items.
- The library may elect to add donated items to its collection.
- For non-book/non-library material donations, contact library administration at 205.978.0162.
Thank you for your interest in donating materials to the Friends of the Library Bookstore.