How to Reserve A Meeting Room
The following information describes the steps needed to reserve space at the Library. For assistance with reservations, please call the Library at 205.978.0162.
- Review the Rooms tab to determine if your organization is Commercial, Non-Commercial, Civic or Social and if there is a room suitable for your group.
- Review the Availability tab to see if that room is available for your date.
- Review the Guidelines tab for our policies and guidelines.
- Contact us at 205.978.0162 to make booking arrangements.
- Fill out the applicable Forms found on the Forms tab and return to the Library with your deposit.
Rooms & Fees
|Room||Community Rm||Historical Rm||Children’s Program Rm||Treehouse||Amphitheater||Rooftop Garden||Observation Deck|
|Fees During Library Hours, Per 4 Hours or Part Thereof|
|Fee: Commercial Use||$250||$150||$150||$150||$150||$150||$150|
|Fee: Non-Commercial Use||$100||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50|
|Fee: Civic Use||$75||$25||$25||$25||$25||$25||$25|
|Fee: Social Use||$500||$150||$300||$300||$300||$300||$300|
|Fees Before or After Library Hours, Per 4 Hours or Part Thereof|
|Fee: Commercial & Social Use||$500||$150||$300||$300||$300||$300||$300|
|Fee: Non-Commercial Use||$200||$100||$100||$100||$100||$100||$100|
|Fee: Civic Use||$150||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50|
Commercial – A meeting is considered commercial if: (i) any charges or fees are required in order to attend this meeting; (ii) goods or services are sold at or offered for sale at the meeting; or (iii) the meeting promotes a commercial enterprise.
Non-Commercial – A meeting is non-commercial if the group or business is an IRS recognized, non-profit entity with meetings and present or future goods or services are not sold at or offered for sale at the meeting. Non-Commercial use includes churches.
Civic – A meeting is civic if the group is an IRS recognized, non-profit entity that meets with the goal of providing service in the community.
Social – A meeting is considered social if the group is hosting a gathering or party for entertainment and/or recreational purposes. This includes special dinners, receptions, showers and ceremonies.
Select a room below to see a list of events scheduled for that room. Then scroll down in the list of results until you see the date range you are interested in.
- The following hours are available for meeting room usage:
Sunday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 9 pm.
Friday –Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Groups may not enter rooms early or remain later than the designated time previously set by the group’s contact person at the time of application.
- Payment of a non-refundable fee of $50 is required at the time a reservation is made for the requested space. Upon contacting the library, if the space is available, we will tentatively reserve it for you for three business days, however, no space is to be considered confirmed until this fee is paid. If the fee is not paid within three business days, the space will become available for other patrons. All fees must be paid in-full ten business days prior to event.
- In order to reschedule or transfer a reservation, cancellations must be made at least 10 business days in advance of a scheduled meeting. If these conditions are not met, the fee will be forfeited and no rescheduling allowed.
- Should there be a scheduling conflict, library sponsored events will have priority. The Library will attempt to inform any group using the meeting room as early as possible. The use of the meeting rooms must not interfere with the use of the Library by others.
- Due to limited parking, the Library reserves the right to: 1. Require that groups utilize shuttle options offered by the library based on an hourly rate of $25 per hour 2.Refuse groups within high capacity ranges if the request for use of the meeting room is during peak library hours, during special library-related events, and/or the meeting is more than two hours in length.
- The rooms will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, up to twelve months in advance. Up to six meetings per year may be scheduled in advance.
- Applications for recurring meeting room use must be renewed yearly in January. Groups that wish to make application for a series of meetings should only fill out one application per year. Fees for each meeting must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
- Groups wishing to book a meeting room must submit a meeting room application to the Administrative staff no later than one week prior to the date requested. All applicants are subject to approval by the Library Director.
- The Library Director reserves the right to waive library meeting room fees as circumstances warrant.
Adult Supervision Required
- All applicants must be 21 years or older, and present a valid Driver’s License or State issued I.D. and valid Public Libraries in Jefferson County Library Card.
- The authorized representative must be present during the entire meeting.
- Meetings of groups of individuals under 18 years of age must have an adult sponsor in attendance.
- Children must be supervised at all times. The library is not responsible for children left unattended while their parent or guardian is in a meeting at the library.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the library except service animals.
Decorations, Crafts and other Damage to Library Property
- Signs, decorations, or other objects are not to be taped or attached to walls, doors, or columns in any manner. No equipment or furniture is to be removed from the meeting rooms. Groups using the rooms are responsible for reimbursing the library for any damage to library furniture or equipment.
- Materials which may cause damage to the rooms are not permitted, such as, but not limited to: glue (or glue based products), paint, clay, dyes of any kind, confetti, glitter, etc.
- The Library is not responsible for damaged items
- By order of the City of Vestavia Hills Fire Marshal, attendance at meetings is limited to the capacity of the room assigned. Seating and/or supplementary furniture is not allowed in corridors outside rooms.
- Fire code prohibits any open flames, including such things as incenses or candles.
- Smoking is not permitted.
Food Service & Clean-Up
- Dye-based drinks are not permitted, such as, but not limited to, kool-aid, grape and cherry fruit juices, etc.
- The meeting rooms must be left in good order, with trash put into the outdoor dumpster, lights turned out, and any appliance used cleaned and turned off. Abuse of Library property will result in charges for the repair or replacement of damaged property and/or the loss of permission to use the meeting/conference rooms.
- Excessive noise or disruption to the functions of the Library is not permitted. Music and noise must be kept to a reasonable level, and in accordance with the City’s noise ordinance.
Telephone and Mailing Contact Info
- No group may use the library as a mailing address. Groups may not use the library’s phone number as a contact for program information.
- Library staff will not accept calls or relay messages to people attending meetings except in emergencies.
- When a severe or inclement weather warning is issued, the library staff will follow evacuation procedures. At which time, the renting party will be asked to comply with procedure.
- If one-time events in the meeting rooms are canceled due to inclement weather, events will be rescheduled for another date or a full refund will be provided.
- If any regularly scheduled meeting is canceled due to inclement weather, the group will be given an opportunity to reschedule its meeting or a credit will be applied to its next event’s fees.
- Use of the meeting room facilities is subject to the rules and regulations established by the Library Board of Trustees.
- Programs may not be disruptive to the library or its mission. The library reserves the right to ask any group to leave its premises if the behavior of the group is deemed disruptive or inappropriate according to library service policy.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet at The Vestavia Hills Public Library does NOT, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs. The Board reserves the right to cancel any reservation with or without prior notice.
- The meeting room may be used for the following purposes: (i) commercial meetings, (ii) noncommercial meetings, or (iii) social gatherings such as birthday parties, receptions and ceremonies, whether or not held in connection with commercial enterprises.
- Furniture and/or equipment from the main area of the library or lobby may not be brought into the meeting room.
- The library reserves the right to relocate a group within the library if circumstances warrant.
- Library staff may enter the meeting room at any time during a scheduled meeting.
- The Library is not responsible for items left in its facilities. Storage space and porter services are not available.
- Groups or organizations using the meeting rooms may not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disabled status in the provision of services.
- The Library Board reserves the right to amend any regulation without prior notice.
- The library may cancel use of the meeting rooms to any group that fails to comply with these rules and regulations.
Forms & Printables
Below you will find printable copies of our forms and guidelines. You must submit an application to the library to begin the meeting room rental process. You may either print the application and return it, or fill out our online application below.