A call center has been established to provide information regarding COVID-19 vaccines and to assist with coordinating vaccination efforts for critical populations. Individuals/organizations in Jefferson County who believe they are in the current Allocation Plan phase, and would like more information on accessing the COVID-19 vaccination, may call 205.858.2221, 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Vaccination Allocation Plan 12.23.2020 and JCDH/JCEMA Press Release
The Library in the Forest is now open, Monday – Saturday, 9am – 2pm. Curbside service is available Monday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm. If you are not comfortable visiting the library in person, there are a variety of other ways to check-out materials or access databases from home:
- Check out digital resources, available 24/7! Our wide range of digital resources are accessible from home using your library card — including eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming movies, online databases and more. Digital resources are available from our home page or by visiting the Database Descriptions page. Having trouble accessing digital offerings? Call 205.978.0155 or get help from our librarians at Drop Us a Line. Don’t forget to sign up for email updates to have the latest news from the library delivered to your inbox.
- Curbside service continues with pick-ups available daily from 10am to 6pm, Monday through Saturday. Click here to reserve materials online or call 205.978.0155.
- Remote lockers at Liberty Pharmacy are open. Click here to reserve materials online or call 205.978.0155.
- Book drops are open. Please allow up to 7 days for your account to update, as all materials are quarantined prior to check-in. Fines for materials that were originally due between March 15 and June 1, 2020 have been waived.
- Chat LIVE! with librarians! A new service is launching the first week of September – Li(VE)brarians – where patrons can utilize Skype to interact live with library staff to receive one-on-one reference, reader’s advisory assistance and technology instruction. Click here to access department links to Skype with LI(VE)brarians.
- Virtual Bookshelf Hot Reads! – featuring some of the most popular current books, along with a link to reserve these Hot Reads!
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have a library card. Can I get one?
My library card is about to expire. How can I renew?
Please call the Circulation staff at 205.978.0155.
Can I drop off my materials in book drops?
Yes! Book drops are open. Please allow up to 7 days for your account to update, as all materials are quarantined prior to check-in.
Can I place a hold for materials to be picked up?
Yes. Hold items are available for pickup utilizing Curbside Pickup or the remote lockers at Liberty Pharmacy. Be sure to reserve materials online or by calling 205.978.0155 ext. 2 at least 24 hours prior to pick-up.
I have a question. Is there anyone who can help me?
I reserved a meeting room. What is the status?
All meeting rooms are closed and events have been cancelled while the library is closed. If you have any questions, please contact Loraine Ward-Ryce at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205.978.0162.
I have a passport appointment. What is the status?
All passport appointments have been cancelled while the library is closed. Appointments will be rescheduled following the reopening of the library. If you have any questions, please call 205.978.3683.
I have an appointment to have an exam proctored at the library. What should I do?
All proctoring appointments have been cancelled while the library is closed and will be rescheduled following the reopening of the library. If you have any questions, please contact Loraine Ward-Ryce at email@example.com or call 205.978.0162.