Board of Trustees
Library Board Chair
Dr. Jimmy Bartlett
Adopted and Approved by the Board of Trustees.
As an innovative and vibrant community center, the Vestavia Hills Library in the Forest cultivates dynamic resources, environmentally-conscious facilities and opportunities for life-long learning, cultural enrichment, personal empowerment and entertainment for all.
As a provider, the Library will:
- Circulate collections of current high-demand, high-interest materials in a variety of formats for all ages.
- Maintain collections in a variety of formats representing a broad spectrum of knowledge on a variety of subjects.
- Offer reference services providing timely and accurate information in a variety of formats with access from diverse sources.
- Plan and implement programs and services for all ages that encourage reading, learning, and cultural enrichment.
- Create environmental educational opportunities as the first “green” library in the state.
As a partner, the Library will:
- Coordinate the development of reference and informational collections, current reading lists, and other materials for the school system of Vestavia Hills.
- Facilitate connections with local businesses and the Chamber of Commerce.
- Work with other agencies and organizations in providing pertinent community information.
- Foster the development of programs and services offered by local groups such as The Vestavia Hills Historical Society, Vestavia Hills Art Association, and other similar groups.
- Work with Keep Vestavia Green and other local, state, and national environmental agencies and organizations as a “green” facility.
- Always listen and respond to the best of its ability to the library needs of the citizens of Vestavia Hills.